Our lawyers have been involved in anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy activities since the implementation of the relevant provisions on IPR enforcement in the Ukraine laws. We pride ourselves on an exclusive expertise and experience in this field which is strengthened by our strong international connections with the worldwide network of experts. Pakharenko & Partners is a member of international anti-counterfeiting organisations and is one of the founders of the Ukraine Alliance Against Counterfeiting and Piracy (UAACP), a national anti-counterfeiting coalition aimed at increasing the effectiveness of intellectual property rights holders in the campaign against the trade in fakes in Ukraine and in international commerce with Ukraine.
Our services in this field cover:
- registration of IPRs in the customs register and representation of clients before customs and courts following customs seizures
We closely co-operate with the Ukraine customs in sharing information, coordinating actions, training customs officers and raising awareness on the global practices in combating counterfeiting and piracy.
- market monitoring;
- trap purchases;
- sending warning letters and notices to infringers;
- drafting and filing applications to the police in order to initiate criminal actions and cooperation with the police in the preparation for conducting raids;
- legal counseling on anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy measure and developing anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy strategies;
- representation in courts in criminal and civil cases brought against counterfeiters.